We are so excited for Riesling Hour
, the world's largest Finger Lakes Riesling party. We will have over 1000 wine lovers from 14 states join us for this fun virtual tasting event. Below are the details. Lastly, make sure you RSVP!
1. Riesling Hour is a virtual event leveraging Facebook, Twitter, and blogs with a few venues hosting tastings (New York City, Clifton Park, Boston, Hudson Valley, Finger Lakes) that are open to the public.
2. Purchase your Finger Lakes Rieslings, plan your menu, chill your wines and invite some friends over to enjoy the evening. This virtual tasting is casual and informal in format. Every journalist / blogger / consumer / retailer/ restaurateur tastes different Finger Lakes Rieslings and therefore the comments on Facebook and Twitter will be free flowing and unstructured.
3. Most of the folks taste the wines beginning at 7:00PM EST for a couple of hours. If you would like to taste later in the evening, that is fine as we have quite a few people participating all through the evening.
4. We have a pre-tasting podcast planned at 6:30PM EST. Winery representatives from Fox Run Vineyards, Hunt Country Vineyards, Wagner Vineyards and Three Brothers Winery will be guests on the show. This live internet radio show is a great way to learn more about Finger Lakes Riesling.
5. At 7:00PM EST log on to Twitter
and use #FLXwine in all your tweets. Try using TwitterFall
for a tweet tracking tool. My Twitter handle is @FLXWineLady
and I will be hosting and moderating Riesling Hour from Red Newt Cellars and Bistro. Share your thoughts on the specific wines you are tasting and the overall impressions of your wine and food pairings.
6. In addition, take photos of your tasting group and the wines and either post to the Finger Lakes Wine Country fanpage
or tag "Finger Lakes Wine Country" from your profile.
7. Most importantly, have fun. And thank you again for participating.